[sword-devel] Foreign Font Management

Fri, 26 May 2000 19:41:06 -0700

Thanks Matthias,
	Good suggestion.
	Things are a little more complicated than this, however.
Unfortunately, fonts are encoded differently.  We use a 'wingreek'
encoded font for our N27U4 greek text.  This is not a standard greek
font encoding.  Currently, only the UIs use this entry, and it has
traditionally been used to represent a TTF (windows-mostly) font name.
These same fonts and their encodings can be installed on linux and will
then allow display of the module.
	Maybe we should try something like encoding=, but I don't know of a
good way to designate font encoding name in a standard way.  Maybe we
could have our own 'registry' of encodings that modules need and the UI
could keep a map {encoding, font} that it knows how to deal with.
dunno.  Thanks for the thoughts.  More feedback would be great!

	-Troy.