[sword-devel] Web interface?

Derek Neighbors sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:39:15 -0500 (CDT)

> I stand corrected I just read the license. However that still does not
> effect the code we are producing. Allot of the php projects on the net
> are released under gpl. Basicly it states that php can't be modified and
> distributed.

You do not understand the GPL. :)  While yes if you do a project w/ PHP
you can do it under whatever license you want.

HOWEVER, you are proposing writing an application that interfaces with
another application.  The nature of the GPL is that if you use a GPL
applications code your code too MUST be GPL.  Since I believe
SWORD is GPL this affects how you can license products using it.  However,
since SWORD is an API of sorts it would depend on how SWORD was used.

-Derek