[sword-devel] Web interface?

Brook Humphrey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 05:42:13 -0700

I stand corrected I just read the license. However that still does not
effect the code we are producing. Allot of the php projects on the net
are released under gpl. Basicly it states that php can't be modified and
distributed.

One final note php can do pretty much anything that perl can. Its just
faster than perl and easier to code.I'm working on a database driven
site with member logins and a bbs. This project would not have been
capable for me to do with with perl. I've tried to work with perl before
but php is much better for ease of use. I find php to be much more
versatle for website programing and MUCH faster then perl.

However; I will say that for scripting jobs not being displayed as web
pages, python and perl are the better choice. With these two you can
code full blown programs. They have access to gtk and qt widget sets. so
for aplication development they are great but php is faster for the web.