[osis-core] User manual bug list - 94 Verse bridges

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:20:32 -0700

>94. Verse Bridges
>The second difficulty came in encoding verse identifiers for verse
bridges. >Because of word order constraints and translational
considerations, it is >often better to translate more than one verse as
a unit. A few less literal >translations and paraphrases even in English
use verse bridges, too. In >these cases, the verses are marked with a
range. Allowing an osisID range >in the same way as an osisRef range
would solve this problem. OSIS is not >usable for a broad range of Bible
texts without a good way to encode verse >bridges. I recommend using the
same syntax for verse bridge OSIS IDs as for >OSIS references, but
document that the meaning of this syntax for an osisID >is for a verse
bridge, and should not be used to identify passages that >really are
translated verse by verse. Submitted by: Michael Paul Johnson,
>mpg@eBible.org

Resolution:
This is a solved problem if I understand the question correctly.

Encode as follows: osisID="Matt.1.2 Matt.1.3 Matt.1.4 Matt.1.5 Matt.1.6"