[jsword-devel] IndexVersion metadata clarification

Sijo Cherian sijo.cherian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 19:13:39 MST 2014

Martin,

These java methods are only half baked, so refrain from using them for few
more days.

Take a look at LuceneIndexManager's
boolean needsReindexing(Book book); as the API method to detect if per-book
index need to be recreated.

needsReindexing returns true, if Latest.Index.Version.xxx >
Installed.Index.Version.xxx OR if {book's index folder} is not found at all.

Uses two property files:
1. IndexMetadata.properties (will be packaged with JSword) : specifies the
Latest.Index.Version.xx  (default version & per book index version if
needed)
2. {IndexFolder}/JSword/lucene/InstalledIndex.properties file for
"Installed.Index.Version.book.moduleversion" values that stays persistent
on clients WritableProjectDir : There will be a default version, and a per
indexed book version. JSword will create this file if it does not exist,
and update the version after each book is indexed through IndexManager api.

/sijo

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Martin Denham <mjdenham at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could I ask for clarification regarding some of the IndexVersion metadata.
>
> Could you clarify how
>    IndexMetadata.getInstalledIndexVersion()
> and
>    IndexMetadata.getLatestIndexVersion()
> will work.  I can see how the versions with Book parameters work but it is
> the version without Book parameters that confuse me.
>
> The descriptions are:
>    //default Installed IndexVersion: index version that is
> installed/available in the Client's index folders
>     //todo get Installed ver from the IndexFolder location
>     public float getInstalledIndexVersion() {
>
>     //Default Latest IndexVersion : Default version number of Latest
> indexing schema: PerBook index version must be equal or greater than this
>     public float getLatestIndexVersion
>
> But I am still uncertain of their exact intended usage.
>
> Thanks
> Martin

Regards,
Sijo