[jsword-devel] IndexVersion metadata clarification

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 15:07:58 MST 2014

Could I ask for clarification regarding some of the IndexVersion metadata.

Could you clarify how
   IndexMetadata.getInstalledIndexVersion()
and
   IndexMetadata.getLatestIndexVersion()
will work.  I can see how the versions with Book parameters work but it is
the version without Book parameters that confuse me.

The descriptions are:
   //default Installed IndexVersion: index version that is
installed/available in the Client's index folders
    //todo get Installed ver from the IndexFolder location
    public float getInstalledIndexVersion() {

    //Default Latest IndexVersion : Default version number of Latest
indexing schema: PerBook index version must be equal or greater than this
    public float getLatestIndexVersion

But I am still uncertain of their exact intended usage.

Thanks
Martin