[jsword-devel] How to check for GlobalOptionFilter=OSISStrongs in .conf file

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Jun 8 23:33:38 MST 2011

Thanks, Troy, I guess it did make sense at the time - and still does, somewhat.

'Past tense'/'somewhat' for 4 reasons:

1) The development has not been sustained - many other similarly desirable features did not get their own "feature" tag. I would suggest at the least: xrefs, morphology as further features which could get usefully their own tag in bibles, "devotional' vs 'expository' in commentaries etc.

2) We have moved so decisively towards OSIS in Bibles that the "filter come, filter go, features stay" theory is probably becoming irrelevant.

3) It is essentially undocumented

4) I think most frontends apart from BibleCS do not use a universal feature on/off toggle, but use individual toggles for individual modules. So, the "user switches on Strongs, programme jumps to next module which has strongs" can not happen outside of BibleCS (AFAIK)

I guess to make it reliably useful in the sense you described we need some info re intention and difference to GlobalOptionFilter in the wiki and probably in the source. We need to fix the module Martin found. And, we should think which other features would benefit similarly from such a filter independent marker.

Peter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------