[jsword-devel] How to check for GlobalOptionFilter=OSISStrongs in .conf file

scribe777@gmail.com scribe at crosswire.org
Wed Jun 8 16:26:21 MST 2011

The purpose for features was not to enumerate every attribute about a module; as you suggest, there are a million attributes a module can have which usually is evident by some combination of filters.

Features are intended to note that a modules can supply some generally desirable feature: "I need a strongs greek definition," "I need to a Bible with strongs numbers," "I need a daily devotional," (I think devo is a feature) etc. These all came out of use cases over time: I need to let my user pick their preferred strongs greek dictionary, the user turned on strongs numbers so I'd like to jump to a Bible which actually has strongs numbers, etc.

Hope this gives a better explaination for the purpose and some background.

Troy

Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> Von: "scribe777 at gmail.com" <scribe at crosswire.org>

> I believe this is a bug in the module. If the text provides a Strong's
> marked translation, then feature should be set. The filter list to handle
> these things can grow, shrink, be renamed, whatever.

I believe you. But it somehow makes no sense - there is a million items long list of features modules can have and yet only images and strongs got their own "feature" tag. The other "features" change the way the module as a whole is interpreted, rather than toggling something.

Peter