[jsword-devel] Does JSword support cipher code

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Nov 7 00:48:21 MST 2008

Hi Tonny,

UBS - We have a contract with UBS regarding the newest Persian
translation (Tarjumeh Asr-e Jedid) - allowing CrossWire to distribute. I
will email you more privately.

Encryption: yes, this is entirely possible. A German translation
(Hoffnung fuer Alle is distributed in encrypted format and the publisher
sells a key. I am not sure though whether this solves their desire. And
practically if people wish to pirate and alter then they can just as
well sit down and type the Bible in. Or cut and paste. It is a question
of desire and intensity of (ill) will - not a technical matter at all.

Essentially they need to understand that messing with texts is not
stopped by hiding them, but by publishing relatively generously licensed
texts and drowning idiots/malicious people by providing ample access to
trustworthy texts.

Peter