[jsword-devel] ClassUtil and Java extension mechanism ClassNotFoundException

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 20:42:19 MST 2008

On May 8, 2008, at 10:43 PM, Tonny Kohar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 12:27 AM, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> You must be looking at 1.0.7 code. Current code does not have it.
>> We do call Class.forName in 23 places.
>
> Yup, I am still using the latest stable realease 1.0.7 code. Does the
> latest cvs/svn version is already stable or still moving target (aka
> api is not yet fixed, still a lot of public interface change,
> refactored, etc). Once, it is stable (API fixed), I think I will move
> to the 1.5.xxx series

The API is not fixed. But it is changing less and less. If you stick
with the interfaces you'll find very few changes from one release to
the next. I know that  if you implement interfaces any changes will be
felt. But we feel free to add new methods to them.

We have yet to add the ability to write a module and we will be adding
persistence. These may cause changes.

The API as it appears in APIExamples is really stable.

With the translation effort in Farsi, Chinese, Vietnamese and German,
I am reluctant to change text.

We are about to release 1.0.8, so going to it will be reasonable to do
at this time. I don't anticipate any API changes until after the
release.

> Note: Stable means API is fixed, but bug could be still exist, because
> bug can be fixed, but changing API is different problem :)

In Him,