[jsword-devel] Locale for Alkitab

avolunteer DrStovallFoundation pythondrs at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 07:38:38 MST 2008

Tonny,
There are various tools for "internationalization."  Many of them are at the Operating System level.  Gnome may be dominated by users who prefer one system but have developers using the same system that dominates Windows or KDE.  I don't remember the details but I remember "translation tool wars" at many developer conferences.

I have not looked at the Indonesian, but the first line has an easily understood common mistake.
Below are the sample text that I translate using Google Translation tool
Below is the sample text that I translate using Google Translation tool

The English on the right side of the "=" signs in all of the below explains the variables on the left extremely well.
CTL_Bible.Text = Bible
CTL_ViewerCategory.Text = Viewer
CTL_NoVNum.Text = Hide Verse Numbers
CTL_VNum.Text = Show Verse Numbers Only
CTL_CVNum.Text = Show Chapter and Verse Numbers
CTL_TinyVNum.Text = Use Small Verse Number
CTL_VLine.Text = Start Verse on Separate Line

A Volunteer