[jsword-devel] Locale for Alkitab

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 21:30:39 MST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 9:38 PM, avolunteer DrStovallFoundation
<pythondrs at yahoo.com> wrote:
> There are various tools for "internationalization."  Many of them are at the Operating System level.  Gnome may be dominated by users who prefer one system but have developers using the same system that dominates Windows or KDE.  I don't remember the details but I remember "translation tool wars" at many developer conferences.

The problem I have is not with the internationalization tool but with
the internationalization text itself.
Because there is not need for any internationalization tool (GUI for
editing locale) because just using notepad or any text editor will do
just fine (which suport UTF-8) or the Netbeans IDE itself.

What I am looking for is dictionary from eng to other_language eg; eng
- de, eng - fr, eng - in, and whether that dictionary (either as
software  or web service or book) is good enough for this kind of
task. From the feedback it seem those tools is not up to the task.

Based on the feedback, the result of that tool (eg Google Translation)
is strange and will alienated the user and require human to recheck
the result and correcting any incorrect verb,grammer,phrase, etc

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--
Alkitab Bible Study