[jsword-devel] Problems getting started / Translation of UI

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 17:14:23 MST 2008

Benny,
	I am
DM

On Jan 28, 2008, at 6:47 PM, Benny Wasty wrote:

> Hi,
> now I found the time to get my JSword development environment running
> again (I reinstalled my computer a while ago).
> I don't have the font problem anymore now but I had a few different
> problems which could be solved by deleting the contents of the
> .jsword-folder under "Documents and Settings". Might it be a problem
> that my installed version 1.0.7 and the development version use the
> same
> directory there?. And would it be possible to take a different folder
> for the development version? Or how could I ensure that there are no
> conflicts?

If you take a look at the Portable BibleDesktop, you will see how you
can manage it.
See: www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/bd.

The trick is to set the Java property jsword.home to the new location.

> Concerning the translation: The umlauts (characters with diacretics)
> look fine as far as I saw it. The question marks were probably in the
> files I edited before I knew JInto. I think one changed file got lost
> (in the "path editor" under "Sword Books Properties" in the options),
> but I think I'll send another patch for that in a few days as I want
> improve the translation a little more anyway (I'm not quite happy with
> some formulations and the ftp-site-editor is still not translated).
> Do you know already when exactly you will release the new version?
> I'm a
> little busy right now but I'd hurry a bit to get the translation
> done if
> you want to release very soon...

I'm in no rush to get a release out. I will wait for your
contributions. (but not forever :)

One of the things I want to do is look back through the archive of
jsword-devel to see if I have missed any contributions.