[jsword-devel] Problems getting started / Translation of UI

Benny Wasty bennywasty at gmx.de
Mon Jan 28 16:47:24 MST 2008

Hi,
now I found the time to get my JSword development environment running
again (I reinstalled my computer a while ago).
I don't have the font problem anymore now but I had a few different
problems which could be solved by deleting the contents of the
.jsword-folder under "Documents and Settings". Might it be a problem
that my installed version 1.0.7 and the development version use the same
directory there?. And would it be possible to take a different folder
for the development version? Or how could I ensure that there are no
conflicts?

Concerning the translation: The umlauts (characters with diacretics)
look fine as far as I saw it. The question marks were probably in the
files I edited before I knew JInto. I think one changed file got lost
(in the "path editor" under "Sword Books Properties" in the options),
but I think I'll send another patch for that in a few days as I want to
improve the translation a little more anyway (I'm not quite happy with
some formulations and the ftp-site-editor is still not translated).
Do you know already when exactly you will release the new version? I'm a
little busy right now but I'd hurry a bit to get the translation done if
you want to release very soon...

Benny