[jsword-devel] Problems getting started / Translation of UI

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 20:20:37 MST 2008

Benny,
	I'm sorry I didn't apply your patch right away. I typically try to
get on it as soon as possible. I had a few problems applying the
patch. I saw that there were some question marks rather than
characters with diacritics. I took my best guess as to what the
characters should have been (I studied a little bit of German in
college, and that was almost 30 years ago. So please verify my work).
Also, the property files can be ascii only with unicode characters
being escaped. I did this by opening each file with the JInto Eclipse
plugin and saving it with that.

I think I fixed the problem of being unable to switch to English. The
problem was that I did not set the default locale if the user choose
English. I'm not happy with how I did it as we have about 30
translations of Bible book names and this change hides all of them.

Did you ever figure out the font problem? I have never seen that
problem. (Has anyone else seen it?)

Many, many thanks for your effort. It is greatly appreciated.

We serve better when we serve Christ together,
	DM