[jsword-devel] Copy/Paste in Bible Desktop

Justin Ennis justin.ennis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 14:30:28 MST 2008

Bear with a newb here, please.  I have to say that I love Bible Desktop
(especially the search functions and the quick navigation).  Coming from
e-Sword, though, I am really missing the copy/paste function which would
allow me to paste in different formats (i.e., as one block of text with no
verse differentiation, or with the passage referenced in different ways).
When a copy/paste from Bible Desktop I end up with the verse markings and
the footnotes/cross references in the text as well.  This function seems to
be the DesktopActions.DoCopy() method, which is:

public void doCopy()
    {
        BibleViewPane view = (BibleViewPane)
getDesktop().getViews().getSelected();
        SplitBookDataDisplay da = view.getPassagePane();
        da.copy();
    }

Is it correct that this just copies whatever the displayed text is?  Would
an enhanced copy function have to gain cognizance of the objects making up
the text within a selection?

Also, is somebody already working on an enhanced copy function?

Justin