[jsword-devel] bibleDesktop build instructions

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 14:20:45 MST 2008

Reinhardt,
Welcome! We look forward to your contributions.

I have temporarily turned off the nsis build. You can update your copy
and it should work now.

Here is the history of this "bug":
We want to fully automate a nightly build.
We build on Linux (i.e. the CrossWire server).
NSIS, the windows installer, can be built to run on Linux (perhaps
Mac, but never tried it) as you noted below.
I got NSIS built for Linux, but did not document it. So, I'd have to
figure it out again.
I comment out everything nsis in bibledesktop/build.xml to build on my
Mac.

If anyone can figure out how to make nsis dependant upon the
availability of makenis in the user's environment, that would be great.

Alternatively, one could create a shell script called makensis that
does nothing and put it on ant's PATH so that it would call it and not
fail the build.

In Him,
	DM