[jsword-devel] bibleDesktop build instructions

Reinhardt van Rooyen rvanrooy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 12:19:33 MST 2008

Hi All. I've been following this list for a while and enjoy using
bibleDesktop, and have decided that I'd like to lend a hand in
improving the code.

However, I'm having trouble building the source....

It seems ant is failing trying to find makensis

>... /build.xml:157: Command failed: 'makensis -V3 /jsword/bibledesktop/target/installed/BibleDesktop.nsi'

I'm building from mac os X 10.4.11 using eclipse 1.3, and it seems
like a lot of work to install nsismake, scons (to make it) and gcc (to
make scons, I don't have xcode installed).

Can someone please point in the right direction in building the code,
or some documentation detailing the prerequisites?

Thanks. I look forward to getting stuck into this project.

In Christ,
Reinhardt van Rooyen