[jsword-devel] JSword devel

webmedic webmedic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 16:42:49 MST 2006

On 4/11/06, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear WebMedic,
>
> We use SVN, you can browse our source at
> https://www.crosswire.org/svn/jsword/trunk.
> While you mentioned bibletime you did not indicate whether your dev
> environment is Linux or Windows.
> The following instructions are for Windows. Instructions for getting and
> installing Java and Eclipse for Linux depend upon the distribution.

Well I maintinaed the rpm's on linux for bibletime for many years but not
recently. After I got it included with mandriva it is no mainained by them.

I also helped out with the windows one. For now I'm deving for this on
windows.

Basic instructions on getting started with Eclipse:
> Get and install Java 1.4.2 SDK
> (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html)
>
> Get Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/) and unzip it to a
> directory of your choice, say c:\Eclipse.
> Start Eclipse and specify a workspace that is not under c:\Eclipse, say
> c:\EclipseWS\JSword.
> You may wish to create a shortcut. I use
>     Target: D:\Java\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm %JAVA_HOME%\bin\javaw
> -vmargs -Xmx1024M
>     Start In: E:\EclipseWS
>
> Get Subclipse (the SVN client for Eclipse) by specifying to Eclipse
> where it's download site is:
>     Help -> Software Updates -> Find and Install
>     In the dialog
>     Search for New Features to Install
>     Next
>     New Remote Site
>     In the dialog
>     Name: subclipse (or whatever you wish)
>     OK
>     Finish
>     You may have other dialogs to confirm.
>
> Restart Eclipse (This may no longer be necessary with the most recent
> versions of Eclipse, but it makes sure the plugin is used)
>
> This not only installs Subclipse, but it also installs help for
> Subclipse under Help -> Help Contents -> Subclipse
> To get general help for subversion you can read the Subversion Book
> (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/)
>
> Then http://www.crosswire.org/jsword/Eclipse.html provides instructions
> on how to connect to the SVN repositories.
>
> For an one line explanation of the various JSword modules (i.e. Eclipse
> projects) see http://www.crosswire.org/jsword/svn.html
>
> Then read my overview post (That I posted earlier today at 1am on
> Tuesday.)
>
> Let us know if you have any other questions.

Ok thanks.

I have one for you: What is your name?

Brook Humphrey

In His Service,