[jsword-devel] Re: Search Index Downloading

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Oct 10 22:12:00 MST 2004

Hey Joe,
	That's fine.  Let me know if there is anything I need to do for you.
Don't we have a /pub/jsword directory for your stuff?  I understand what
you mean by having the same base directory for modules (which would be
/pub/sword/raw for our server, so maybe /pub/sword/raw/idx, but this
isn't a sword module data structure.  This is jsword's proprietary (in
the sense of not publicly sword declared) data.  It would be nice to
unify a common index format for sword modules.

	Does it really take lucene 5+ minutes to generate?  That's a bummer.
You would think it wouldn't take much longer than a single non-index
search thru the Bible.

	To belatedly answer your question on sword-devel, I honestly have no
idea if clucene indecies are binary compatible with the java lucene
counterpart.

	-Troy.