[jsword-devel] Search Index Downloading

Joe Walker joseph.walker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 05:18:16 MST 2004

Hi Troy,

I'd like to allow users of Bible Desktop to download search indexes
because they take about 5 mins to generate. A search index is between
2-3Mb per book so it ought not to take up too much space.

Ideally we would use an FTP directory on crosswire something like:
- /pub/sword/search/jsword/L1/[book].zip

It starts /pub/sword so that if the beta modules site (or other
download sites) come online we can just remember one root path per
module site. The search/jsword bit would keep our stuff from getting
in anyone elses way. L1 is simply a version number so we can update
the index format without huge turmoil.

Is that OK?
Thanks,