[jsword-devel] Re: Search changes

Joe Walker joseph.walker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 16:07:15 MST 2004

Checked in my changes.
I've added some methods to BookMetaData to get the index status
because I realized that it would be useful for the Books dialog to
have easy access to the index status.
I made the IndexStatus an enum with the entries UNDONE, SCHEDULED,
CREATING, DONE. I've added a PropertyChangeListener list to
BookMetaData and finally tweaked the UI to grey out the search buttons
if there is no search index and replace them with a "generate index"

Next I'm going to work on index downloading.


On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 20:23:52 +0100, Joe Walker <joseph.walker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm nearly done with searching. Nearly.
> I've mostly polished off the IndexManager concept. The API looks like this:
> boolean isIndexed(Book book);
> Index getIndex(Book book) throws BookException;
> void scheduleIndexCreation(Book book);
> void deleteIndex(Book book) throws BookException;
> The search API is getting much simpler. Best Match is now implemented
> as Search using a string wrapped in quotes and restrictions are
> implemented as +[Gen-Mal] meaning "must include verses from Gen to
> Mal". This is mostly not new functionallity, just simplifying what is
> there. But I still feel a bit guilty for changing things too much when
> we are trying to get a release done. Sorry if I'm not following my own
> guildlines.
> Joe.

More information about the jsword-devel mailing list