[jsword-devel] Search changes

Joe Walker joseph.walker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 12:23:52 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm nearly done with searching. Nearly.
I've mostly polished off the IndexManager concept. The API looks like this:

boolean isIndexed(Book book);
Index getIndex(Book book) throws BookException;
void scheduleIndexCreation(Book book);
void deleteIndex(Book book) throws BookException;

The search API is getting much simpler. Best Match is now implemented
as Search using a string wrapped in quotes and restrictions are
implemented as +[Gen-Mal] meaning "must include verses from Gen to
Mal". This is mostly not new functionallity, just simplifying what is
there. But I still feel a bit guilty for changing things too much when
we are trying to get a release done. Sorry if I'm not following my own
guildlines.