[jsword-devel] Before 1.0

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:09:25 +0100

Aleksander Rozman - Andy wrote:
> At 31.3.2004, you wrote:
>
> Hi !
>
> I will comment on both this comments and originla comments.

> Look and feel should be set to default LF for OS. Have we done anything
> tu support skinlf so far? Thoose who don't know skinlf is LF management
> sistem which supports multiple LF, not only just those made for it, but
> many others (I think GTK, in work is supoer for Windows XP Themes, ...)
>
> Maybe we should supply fonts with Desktop Bible (or how is new name)...

I'm not an expert with fonts on Linux, but on Windows I don't think
there is a problem - most decent fonts include Hebrew/Greek/Cyrillic etc
forms (I just checked Arial, Times, Verdana, Tahoma).
I also checked Bitstream Vera* which was lacking.

>> For a 1.0 release, I think the "programmer" helpers, such as debug,
>> view html, osis and ghtml, need to be hidden.
>
> Maybe we can give an option to start DB with, like -debug in which this
> options will be added.

This should be possible, it could be an option in the advanced tab.

>> Full internationalization.
>
> Agree. As I said a long time ago, I don't think that implemnetation of
> I18N in DP is good, but that is just my opinion (memory).

I've added an item to bugs.txt to prove the architecture works, and one
for post 1.0 to implement a macro system to convert the type safe
version to a light-weight version that uses less resources.

Joe.