[jsword-devel] View and notes

DM Smith jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:14:50 -0500

Joe Walker wrote:

>I tweaked the xsl to make notes appear better. The result is a lot better
>(for me at least) for all Books that have notes, and the display is a lot
>more like the page ot a Bible.
>There are 2 downsides that I've noticed; it wastes space if there are no
>notes, and it makes the nice strongs work for the KJV run very very slowly.
>
>I'm be interested to know what you think.
>I'd guess the simplest way to test is to have a go using Webstart on
>Saturday.

Joe, this looks excellent. And you got the cross-referencing on the notes to
work!
Should we have a comma between notes when there are more than one in a row?
See Psalms 2 in KJV w/ strongs to see what I am referring to.
I did not find that the strongs ran slowly.

We can make the display of notes conditional. If the passage has notes then
it puts out a table, otherwise, it runs as it did before.