[jsword-devel] View and notes

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:46:56 +0000

DM Smith wrote:

> Should we have a comma between notes when there are more than one in a
> row?
> See Psalms 2 in KJV w/ strongs to see what I am referring to.

Hmm yes.
I'm not sure how to do that. I guess we need an xsl:if that does some
sort of a preceding-sibling test. I have to admit to being a bit rusty,
maybe I'll have a look tomorrow.

> I did not find that the strongs ran slowly.

I doubt that would be a CPU difference because each underline was taking
something like 3 seconds to underline a single word. Assuming yours was
doing 0.1 sec ish, that would give you a 30GHz processor - nice but
unlikely!

> We can make the display of notes conditional. If the passage has notes
> then it puts out a table, otherwise, it runs as it did before.

That sounds like a good idea.

Joe.