[jsword-devel] When is limbo is not limbo?

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 13:12:25 MST 2004

I discovered a problem when running the bibledesktop build.xml
and it did not know where to find the new jdic jar. I found that the
build was using code from limbo.

I then modified the build to ignore limbo in the same way that it
ignores test. That broke the build where some code that is in limbo is
used by some part of the system that is not.

Here are the changes that are necessary.

The following are used and should be moved
from
     common/java/limbo
     common/java/swing
org.crosswire.common.swing.AbstractLayout
org.crosswire.common.swing.FieldLayout
If FieldLayout does not provide that much value and is replaced, then
these two files can stay in limbo.

These are used by common/java/config.

The following should be moved
from
     jsword/java/limbo
     jsword/java/jsword
org.crosswire.jsword.book.remote

This is used by jsword-web/java/main/RemoterServlet.java
If RemoterServlet is not used then it could be moved into a limbo
directory instead.

I will be sending a patch soon that will ignore limbo in the build.

It will not contain these changes.