[jsword-devel] Bad Search JUnit Test

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 17:05:14 MST 2004

I have been working on regression testing, starting with the JUnit
tests. In org.crosswire.jsword.book.BookTest there are some search tests
that search all installed bibles for English words and look for specific
counts. As I have installed a Hebrew bible, a German Bible, a couple of
Greek bibles, some OT only bibles, and  some NT only bibles the counts
of hits is highly variable. Even the searches for English words don't
always produce the same counts as one translation may differ from another.

I am commenting out the offending tests and labelled them with the FIXME
tag. Ultimately we will want to make the JUnit test robust (which is
listed in bugs.txt as post 1.0) and we can come back to it then.

Let me know if you think I should do otherwise.