[jsword-devel] Another big checkin

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 19:00:04 MST 2004

I noticed a couple of problems.

Hyperlinking to Strongs does not work from KJV w/ Strongs.

Blurring does not work right. I had not used blur from the right hand
pane before, as I used the menu (where it no long is found). I can get
used to the change. For accessibility reasons (i.e. for those that
don't/can't use a mouse, having menu options is really helpful).

Other than that it looks pretty solid. I will be doing some regression
testing to see if I find anything else.

See below for feedback.

Joe Walker wrote:

> In BibleDesktop:
>
> - I've simplified the UI by getting rid of as much window decoration as
> possible. The UI now looks a lot cleaner. Feedback appreciated.

Looks better and redraws faster on a slow machine.

> - I've also simplified the UI by making the Dictionary reference pane
> support Commentaries, and then removing the CommentaryPane. This makes
> things much simpler to look at. Again feedback appreciated.

Better use of real estate. Can see more at a time. This will be better
when, the dictionaries and commentaries are more fully integrated into
the program (as is listed for post 1.0 in bugs.txt).

> - I created some new icons for Books/Dicts/etc for display in book
> lists. Useful given the above.
>
> - As an experiment I've turned the toolbar off. In the real world it is
> virtually useless, our UI is so simple that we don't need lots of
> complex toolbars. However maybe visually a toolbar is a good idea?
> Feedback appreciated.

I have code which makes the tool bar a user option. Again, having a
toolbar is good for accessibility. I personally don't like them as they
take up too much real estate.