[jsword-devel] [Fwd: CVS Repositories]

Joe Walker joe at eireneh.com
Fri Jul 30 00:23:56 MST 2004

Hi,

Troy wants to move crosswire to SVN in place of CVS. I think this could
be a hassle for eclipse users in the short term although doing it now
probably makes sense as Troy is migrating everything to a new server.

My biggest concern is, from
http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html
*Subversion versions up to and including 1.0.5 have a vulnerability
allowing mod_authz_svn read restrictions to be evaded.
<http://subversion.tigris.org/security/mod_authz_svn-copy-advisory.txt>.
All users are advised to upgrade to 1.0.6 or 1.1.0-rc1.*

But from http://subclipse.tigris.org/
Subclipse 0.9.3.1 is linked against Subversion 1.0.5 (Windows only for now)

I'm hoping that that subclipse 0.9.3.1 linked to svn client 1.0.5 will
talk to svn server (whatever version we are using) and not leave us open
to attack.

So I think we might be stuck with command line or TortoiseSVN. Does
anyone have experience of working with SVN and Eclipse, or SVN and Java
in general?

Joe.