[jsword-devel] Re: Patch for web installer

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Sat Aug 21 20:51:33 MST 2004

DM Smith wrote:
> The code looks great. The only thing I noticed was that there were no
> Thread.yield(), which Joe did to fix the selection redraw problem. Is it
> needed here?
>
> I also noticed that it creates a second tab (which I think is a really
> cool behavior of using properties to allow different installation
> sites). Do we want both an FTP tab and an HTTP tab? I tested it on WinXP
> SP2 and it works great. And it seems much faster than FTP. My guess is
> that it is because it is a single get operation of a compressed file.
>
> Mark Goodwin wrote:
>
>>BTW; there is one issue I am aware of; because the zip contains the
>>.conf file, it dumps it in the module data directory.  This file is
>>redundant anyway because a copy is created from mods.d.gz
>>

> I think that this is OK. At some point we may want to remove the copying
> of it out of mods.d.gz.
>
>>On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:43:00 +0100, Mark Goodwin <goodwinster at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>This patch is an HTTP sword installer.
>>>
>>>It's closely based on the existing FTP installer; we might want to
>>>create an implementation superclass for some of the bits; I didn't.
>>>
>>>This installer works on all of the test machines that the FTP
>>>installer failed on.
>>>
>>>HTH.
>>>
>>>MarkG

Is this patch something I can/need to do anything with?  Sorry, not used  to
being on devel lists.  I'm more of an power end-user.  Thanks for the
response on the Personal Commentary - I can still keep notes separately - no
big deal.  So far, I'm pretty impressed overall.  I especially like the
tabbed views.