[jsword-devel] Bible Desktop application title

DM Smith dmsmith555 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 17:53:23 MST 2004

I mentioned earlier that JSword is embedded in the splash.png file.
I also found that it is in the following files as the program's title.
.../bibledesktop.desktop.DesktopActionFactory.properties for the "About"
action's tool tip.
.../jsword.util.Project.java
.../resource/project.properties, which is used by Project.java

I took a look at Project.java and how it was used and it seems to be
intertwined with both jsword and bibledesktop, but mostly used by jsword.

I am thinking that bibledesktop should either:
have its own Project.java, or something like it, perhaps derived from
jsword's Project.java that redefines strings that should be redefined.
or
split Project.java so that the functionality is appropriately located by
Eclipse project.

Also, the title needs to be internationalized, which means that the property
file that contains it should be read in as a ResourceBundle.

In project the pattern for getting properties is props.getProperty("key",
"default"). There are two shortcomings with this.
First, the default may need to be internationalized.
Second, it is not a part of the ResourceBundle interface. The whole notion
of a ResourceBundle is that there is a default property file. So this form
of getProperty is not needed. So, if we convert the project.properties to a
ResourceBundle so that some strings are internationalized, then this form of
getProperty for the other properties will need to change or the property
file will need to be split into two or .....

Anyway, any thoughts on how this should be changed?