[jsword-devel] Lucene

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:56:54 +0100

Hi,

The latest CVS also uses Lucene as a search engine in place of the
search engine that I wrote. This means that it will have to index
everything to start off with, so things might be a bit annoying to start
off with.
Lucene also has a different search syntax, so I need to think some more
about that, specifically the "best match" thing won't work any more.
The old functionallity can be restored by editing
resource/org.crosswire.jsword.book.search.SearchEngine.properties and
making the default be "ser" rather than lucene.

So is it worth putting work into re-instating best match? Your thoughts
welcome.

Joe.