[xiphos-devel] failed builds after vietnamese translation added

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Jan 25 05:20:43 EST 2021

We had a contribution of a new translation; it was such a simple and
blunt change (add .po, tweak LINGUAS), I just did it directly without a
branch.

The auto-build processes were not happy, however. Fedora and Windows
were fine (which is why I was confident in doing it directly, when I did
a build of my own in F33), but Arch and Ubuntu failed.

I expect Ubuntu to fail due to the editor issue, but it went somewhere
else, and Arch failed for what seems stupid reasons.

Somebody in these environments want to take a look?

https://github.com/crosswire/xiphos/actions/runs/506489901

Arch:
CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-3.19/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:218
(message):
  Could NOT find Biblesync (missing: BIBLESYNC_INCLUDE_DIR
  BIBLESYNC_LIBRARY_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.19/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:582
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/modules/FindBiblesync.cmake:68 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  cmake/XiphosDependencies.cmake:51 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:88 (include)
See also "/rootdir/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
!!! ERROR: run command [docker exec -t xiphos-archlinux-build
/rootdir/build_scripts].
Error: Process completed with exit code 1.

Ubuntu:
1703 + tar xf sword-1.8.1.tar.gz
1704 + cd sword-1.8.1
1705 + patch -p1 -i ../sword-1.8.1-cmake.diff
1706 patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
1707 patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.
1708 !!! ERROR: run command [docker exec -t xiphos-ubuntu-build
/rootdir/before_scripts].
1709 Error: Process completed with exit code 1.