[xiphos-devel] 4.2.0 tagged and pushed

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Fri May 8 16:20:00 MST 2020

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 2:02 AM Karl Kleinpaste <karl at kleinpaste.org> wrote:

> If any of it has modtimes longer than maybe 6 months ago, it's too old to
> be interesting or worthwhile.

The range is 2009-2012.

That's a wee bit longer than 6 months ago unless my brain is having a hard
time with math at 2 am.

Maybe Greg can comment to this better than I can, but I believe all the
packages in a PPA have tags for which version of Ubuntu they are targeting
and that if people add this existing PPA to a machine updated in the last
decade they won't even see any of these packages. Is that right? This stuff
is all targeting 8.04 through 12.04.

The package list in question is here:
https://launchpad.net/~pkgcrosswire/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

I don't currently have access to nuke individual packages (although oddly
enough it looks like I could drop the whole PPA). I think I can freshen up
the Sword & Xiphos targeting 20.04 and I guess add BibleSync and GTKHTML.