[xiphos-devel] runtime failure to find imagemagick

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Wed May 24 00:01:08 MST 2017

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> Currently, external image display on click is handled in
> src/main/url.cc:161, show_separate_image(), called from
> main_url_handler() line 999, and depends on a simple search through 3
> possible opener programs: gvfs-open, gnome-open, and display.

This would make Image Magick a valid package to list as an optional
dependency and the most likely one of that set to be actually noted as
such by a packager as the others are Desktop Environment dependent.

I would also note that this is probably not a very optimal check. The
first two items could probably be replaced by xdg-open which is a little
more standard gateway into system defaualt programs that works across
several DE's (Including Gnome, KDE, Unity, XFCE, Cinnamon, etc.) That
covers a lot of ground, but falling  back to checking for display is
still a good idea.  As long as you're doing that you might as well peg a
couple other viewers likely to be present when DE's are not involved
such as feh and pqiv.

Peter what distro are you using? If it's one I do any packaging for I'll
look into this.

Caleb