[tyndale-devel] missing tags in ChiUns text

David F. Haslam df.haslam at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 21 04:12:07 MST 2012

Hi David,

The only time to watch out for is as and when you use my described
method to rebuild a module from an exported (then edited) IMP file.
The IMP file should be searched to find if there are occurrences of a
verse [or successive verses] with /identical text/ to the previous verse.
/This task can easily be scripted with any programming language that you
prefer./

Whether or not the OSIS tags are properly formed for verse ranges is
related, but the nub of the issue is the /duplication/
which occurs with _all three Sword utilities_ that are capable of
exporting content from a module.

  * diatheke <http://crosswire.org/wiki/Frontends:Diatheke> (which is a
    useful front-end app in its own right, albeit a command line driven one)
  * *mod2imp* (now the main focus of this email thread)
  * *mod2osis* (which is 'sort of' deprecated, due to it being incapable
    to achieve a round trip with osis2mod)

Best regards,
David