[sword-devel] Tumbleweek Packages

David "Judah's Shadow" Blue yudahsshadow at gmx.com
Mon Mar 11 16:44:54 EDT 2024

On Saturday, March 9, 2024 3:45:00 PM EDT Matěj Cepl wrote:
> On Sat Mar 9, 2024 at 8:46 PM CET, Greg Hellings wrote:
> > You really SHOULD have sword built against Curl. It can work without it,
> > but only against FTP and local file sources. All support for HTTP, HTTPS
> > (which most modern systems will require) only work with curl.
>
> Right, I forgot libsword, which is here another package:
>
>     tumbleweed-pkg~$ rpm -qR libsword-1_8_1|awk -F '(' '{ print $1 ; }'|sort

While we're on the topic of tumbleweed, do we know if there is a pumpkin
holder for the sword packages for openSUSE is, or if there even is one? I've
had to compile my sword install from source rather than use the packages
because I'm dependant on 1.9.0. Well, I set it to 1.9.0 as that is the latest
but I know my code will not build on the old version in the opensuse
tumbleweed repos. I'm not up for doing packaging myself, but it would be nice
to get a newer version of sword in the repos.