[sword-devel] Making better use of the CrossWire GitHub project ?

Arnaud Vié unas.zole+avie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 16:32:01 EST 2024

Thanks Michael for all this information !
I was not aware of this Copenhagen Alliance's work - I just had a quick
look at the repository you linked, and it seems to cover a significant part
of the requirements I wanted to cover with my proposal, but not all.
I like the format, and the fact that it includes the ability to specify
mappings directly within the json definition.
However, from what I understand, it's not modular : each versification must
still be completely defined in a single file, and mappings are always
relative to the single "org" versification.

Anyway, I'll keep that in mind once I present my general idea here - maybe
I should also present it to this Copenhagen Alliance as a possible
evolution of their format.
Then, the change in OSIS would just be to allow refSystem to point to such
a json file, and for SWORD to allow packaging this file within the SWORD
module (and reading and understanding it, of course) - we wouldn't need to
define yet another standard.