[sword-devel] NET Bible 2.0?

David "Judah's Shadow" Blue yudahsshadow at gmx.com
Tue Apr 30 14:32:39 EDT 2024

On Sunday, April 28, 2024 6:25:28 PM EDT Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> What's at that URL is First Edition (2006), not Second (2017).
>
> The difference is most easily found in the number of footnotes they're
> proud to mention (60K+). That's the number from First Edition; in Second
> Edition, the NET translation team trimmed back a lot of minimalist and
> redundant notes, having "just" 58K. (I have both.)
>
> Unlike in First Edition, in Second Edition they have chosen not to
> distribute a CD containing all the content.

Yes, I saw in their product page, that they have an epub of the 2nd edition
and that seemed to be the major electronic format. I've lost my key to unlock
the full notes of our 1st edition release, and have lost all proof of purchase
to boot (I'm sure it's in a backup somewhere but I've not been able to find the
key). I'm willing to repurchase it, but would be much more interested in
purchasing a 2nd edition sword module, even at full price.

I'm even willing to contribute some time to the effort of making it a SWORD
module. I'd also be interested in working to get the NRSV currently in, I
think, 6th edition as a module, but that's a separate email.