[sword-devel] NET Bible 2.0?

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sun Apr 28 18:25:28 EDT 2024

On 4/28/24 16:28, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> On Thu Apr 25, 2024 at 4:02 PM CEST, David "Judah's Shadow" Blue wrote:
>> Has anyone worked with or floated the idea to the bible.org people of getting
>> the second edition of the NET bible into the SWORD Project?
> I don’t understand. The full version of NET bible is provided
> upstream (onhttps://store.bible.org/store/product/108), isn’t
> it? Aren’t these modules provided by bible.org?

What's at that URL is First Edition (2006), not Second (2017).

The difference is most easily found in the number of footnotes they're
proud to mention (60K+). That's the number from First Edition; in Second
Edition, the NET translation team trimmed back a lot of minimalist and
redundant notes, having "just" 58K. (I have both.)

Unlike in First Edition, in Second Edition they have chosen not to
distribute a CD containing all the content.