[sword-devel] Module release: BSB

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Fri Dec 8 07:28:05 EST 2023

On 12/8/23 00:09, Timothy Allen wrote:
> The other thing that occurred to me is the possibility of creating a
> more straightforward interlinear Bible, with the source text as the
> base and the English as the "gloss". That would allow the source text
> to be presented in its natural order (instead of following the order
> of English grammar), but it would *also* be a lot of work and I'm not
> sure if it would actually be very useful.

This is in fact what my BIBdraft module does. It wasn't a lot of work,
really. But I was working from *.xslx, not USFM, so perhaps what's
available or accessible in USFM is harder to work with.
http://karl.kleinpaste.org/.../bibdraft.png

The view is more problematic in Hebrew than Greek due to the RtoL issue.
And the module as a whole has to be given a specific RtoL nature, you
can't configure that OT is RtoL and NT is LtoR. This means that the
Hebrew is technically backward.