[sword-devel] Bible in a year audio

Chris Bartkowski bartkowski at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 08:12:42 EDT 2023

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 12:00 PM <sword-devel-request at crosswire.org> wrote:

> Hey guys. Do any of you have a strategy for reading the Bible in a year.
>
> And also for listening to the daily reading?
>
> I have a friend asking for an app which allows him to listen to the Bible
> in a year.
>
> He said that he previously had an app which each day gave an OT passage, a
> Psalm, and an NT passage. But this year he says it's different and he
> doesn't like it.
>
> Curious if we have any solutions for him.
>
> Troy

I've used M'Cheyne's through a RSS feed for years to listen to it via
audio (https://subscribe.esv.org/rss/one-year-tract/). I think there are
other bible plans you can find, but I couldn't find a webpage that listed
them all to together. It's usually 8-15 minutes (depending on the passage)
each day.

This year, I'm reading through the M'Cheyne with the NASB1995, and I've
been using this site to send me the daily reading
https://bibleplan.org/plans/mcheyne/#nasb1995. It then sends me links to
the passage via email. For instance, today's has:

Leviticus 4
<https://bibleplan.org/read?s=de3c1-385&srch=Leviticus+4&v=nasb1995>

Psalm 1-2 <https://bibleplan.org/read?s=de3c1-385&srch=Psalm+1-2&v=nasb1995>

Proverbs 19