[sword-devel] SWORD module installation bug

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sat Nov 12 04:56:34 EST 2022

Hi all,

I have observed a bug with regard to SWORD module installation.

I just tried to update existing modules by "installing them again" using
InstallMgr::installModule().

I ended up with a situation where the installation apparently finished
ok based on return codes, but then I found the following:

The *.conf files in the mods.d directory are still present, but the
module contents under modules/texts/ztext are actually removed for the
modules that I tried to update.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Is there an explanation?

The modules are then still listed as installed, but there is no content ...

I have seen this before at various times with individual modules, but
did not report it. Now that I have this bug at a larger scale (for a
bigger list of modules I tried to update) I felt like it's worth reporting.

Best regards,
Tobias

PS: I have been using SWORD SVN Rev. 3873 (from Nov. 2021).