[sword-devel] Open source DuoLingo

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Mar 18 16:32:12 EDT 2022

Andrew,

Great suggestion.  I found this pure client side javascript solution for
IPA to speech, which we could try but we don't have any IPA in the
flashcard lessons.  Want to volunteer to add some?

https://itinerarium.github.io/phoneme-synthesis/

Here's our lesson repository which many people have contributed to.
I've been testing with hebrewWegner and greekBlack lesson sets.

https://crosswire.org/svn/flashcards/trunk/lessons/

You'll notice the lesson format is a basic Java properties file and uses
the key conventions:

word1=

answers1=

word2=

answers2=

We could look for:

ipa1=

ipa2=

You can use this page to quickly decode the unicode escape sequences in
there.

https://dencode.com/en/string/unicode-escape