[sword-devel] Question about strong morph and xiphos

pierre amadio amadio.pierre at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 14:41:13 EDT 2022

Hi there !

I am confused.
Morphological code are about grammar parsing, not about lexicon entry.

Looking at the Byz and KJV module:
diatheke -b Byz -o mn -f FMT_OSIS -k Mark 1:1

For the first word with the Byz module:
<w lemma="strong:G746" morph="robinson:N-NSF" savlm="strong:G746">αρχη</w>

I have a the following output with the KJV module:
<w lemma="strong:G746" morph="robinson:N-NSF" savlm="strong:G746
lemma.TR:αρχη" src="1">The beginning</w>

Same strong number, (G746), same morph code (robinson:N-NSF)

If i use xiphos (packaged in debian 11), I can see both data with both
modules (after I enable the right click/ module options)
I also see more info for the morph code and strong lexicon in the
preview windows when the cursor touches a code.

What precisely do you mean by "KJV seems to me to use the morphology
of the numbers of Strong." ?