[sword-devel] OEB information about update?

Michael Johnson Michael at eBible.org
Thu Jul 28 16:47:40 EDT 2022

Hello, Russell and all!

I have updated the Open English Bible, U. S. and Commonwealth spelling editions, on eBible.org. The USFM supplied is good enough that I could process it mostly automatically, starting with the git repository. I did have to preprocess the USFM to correct two USFM nonconformities: (1) Every chapter must start with some sort of paragraph marker. If no new paragraph is intended, \nb must be specified. Usually, \p is appropriate, unless it is poetry, then \q1 might be. (2) \b cannot contain any text, but only
signifies a blank line. Another paragraph style (usually \p but could be \q1 or \m or ...) should follow it. I fixed both by inserting \p in the "holes" in the markup. If that isn't the intended fix, please fix it in the repo, and let me know so I can run the process again.

As far as removing outdated modules from Crosswire Main where a more up-to-date version exists on eBible.org, I agree that would be a good thing. Either that, or keep up-to-date in the Crosswire Main repository. The latter is more work, and that work might be better spent in improving discoverability of the modules across repositories in the front ends.