[sword-devel] 1. OSIS XML->e-Reader, 2. OSIS2USFM

pierre amadio amadio.pierre at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 14:45:35 EST 2022

Hi there.

1)
I created an epub from an Osis file this way:
https://github.com/pierre-amadio/epub-hb/tree/main/notes
The idea is to parse the original xml file to convert it to simple
html and create a matching table of content.
Then to add the resulting file in an epub with  sigil.
https://sigil-ebook.com/

A script that does something similar (greek new testament) using the
sword library:
https://github.com/pierre-amadio/SwordSandBox/blob/master/python/epub/test.py

2)
I had a similar issue when dealing with the LXX module (a title node
was not at the right place).

Using beautiful soup, moving node in a xml file is easy:
https://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/

This is how i dealt with the title node that needed to be moved:
https://github.com/pierre-amadio/LXX/blob/main/bin/5-specific-pssol.py