[sword-devel] Module release: LXX

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:57:15 EDT 2022

Thanks Pierre,

For information on 1 Enoch, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch

I now rather wonder why this book is even specified in the LXX versification?

Using the Sword utility emptyvss on the LXX module, it currently outputs 2803 verses, of which Enoch accounts for 1080 verses, with Prayer of Manasses 15 and Prayer of Azariah 68 verses. These are the only three missing whole books.

For Odes, there are 369 missing verses out of a total of 643.

That still leaves a lot of unaccounted missing verses in other books!
These need to be investigated in detail.

Aside: The PocketSword mishandling of osisID="PssSol" may be due to a software bug in the front-end. Although it was compiled using a version of SWORD that supports the LXX v11n, maybe it falls short in how the UI deals with this book?

Best regards,

David

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.