[sword-devel] Ezra Bible App available for Android mobile now

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sun Aug 21 10:40:40 EDT 2022

Dear all,

Ezra Bible App (Version 1.7.0) is available for Android mobile now.

You can install it from the Play Store here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.ezrabibleapp.cordova

This release does not contain any new functionality. It is just a
port/optimization to smaller mobile resolutions.

A detailed Change Log is available here:
https://github.com/ezra-bible-app/ezra-bible-app/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

As this is the first published release for mobile, it is still a bit
unpolished.
Also, it will probably stay a bit of a compromise even in the long run -
it is not easy to design an app that works on small resolutions vs.
large resolutions equally well.

However, the major functionality of Ezra Bible App works and it is
exactly the same codebase as for the desktop version. You can swipe
left/right to switch chapters :)

Here are some points that I'm considering for future versions:

- Built-in ability to sync database via Cloud storage (I am planning to
start with Dropbox). This then supports the usecase of using the same
database across multiple devices (Desktop, Tablet, Mobile).
- More optimizations for mobile layout.
- Ship the app with pre-packaged KJV for an easier start.

Feedback is very welcome!

Best regards,
Tobias

PS: The app stops using external storage (/sdcard/**) starting with
Android 11. It was too much trouble (I could somehow make it work, but
when uninstalling and re-installing the app, it would not work until the
next reboot ...).